My FIRST Review! Sacrifice by Adriana Locke

For my very first book review on my blog, I bring you Sacrifice by Adriana Locke. 


I won an ARC of this book before it was released during an author event on Facebook. As soon as the book came out, I bought an ebook version. I absolutely adored this book. I have thoroughly enjoyed all of Adriana's books, but this book was different. 

So, here we go.  Spoilers ahead. 


First, I love Julia. I love how she carries the weight of everything (because, let's be honest, don't all women??). I wouldn't say she's afraid to ask for help but she is very reluctant to do so since the death of her husband, Gage. She's left with their small child, a girl named Everleigh (LOVE that name, Adriana!) after he dies so she shoulders everything to care for her and provide for her the best she can with what she has. I appreciate her reluctance to move on after Gage's death and her even further reluctance to let Crew in, knowing their past. 


Second, Gage. Gage isn't even alive during this book but you feel him and his love the entire book. The little nuggets of encouragement she finds just when she needs them makes you realize just how much this man loved her and their daughter. 


Everleigh. Oh, my word, Everleigh. How you can not love her and feel her pain. After it's revealed that she's sick, her light never seems to fade. I wish I could play with her at the park or let my kids play with her. I bet they'd love each other to pieces. 


Will: oh. my. goodness. I don't usually develop book crushes, but I kind of wish I knew Will in real life. His humor was spot on and he always knew the right things to say. "Knock, knock, motherfucker."


Lastly, Crew. Oh, Crew. Crew is the proverbial screw up until Everleigh gets sick. It is then that he hears words his brother said to him repeated over and over in his thoughts. Gage is pretty much telling him to man up and take care of his (Gage's) family. He does. He goes above and beyond what is required. In the end, it costs him pretty big but he never wanes from his self-given duties. He never gives up. He keeps fighting for Julia, for Ever, and for them to be together. 


Oh, and scorching hot sex was amazing. It wasn't over the top and so realistic. 


Even though Crew and Julia share a complicated past, it seems inevitable that they would end up together.

I wouldn't label this book a "fighter" novel. No. I would tell people that this book is about two people who are lost (Julia and Crew) that find each other and join forces to take Ever's sickness down. This book is not about Crew and whateverthenameisofthefighterhehadtofight. It's about Julia and Crew fighting against something they can't control and coming out on top. 

I would definitely give this book more than 5 stars if I could. Adriana has the ability to cast out her reel and hook you deep. Read this book. You will not be disappointed in the least. 


Read the ENTIRE first chapter here!

BUY IT HERE
Adriana Locke's Facebook Group
Adriana Locke on Twitter

Now, for some teasers!!!! (all of which were obtained from her Facebook group)










I hope you check out this book. It was incredible. It will make you feel, so bring tissues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment