Review :: The Scars Between Us :: MK Schiller

Title: The Scars Between Us
Author: MK Schiller
Genre: New Adult Romance
Release Date: July 17, 2017 Publisher: Entangled Publishing: Embrace

Emma Cooper is determined to fulfill her mother’s dying wish to scatter her ashes with Aiden Sheffield in Linx, Texas. Just one problem. Why Texas and who the hell is Aiden Sheffield? The only clue is a faded piece of her mother’s stationary. Emma imagines Aiden is a former love of her mother’s, but when she meets the beautiful, damaged stranger, she realizes her assumptions couldn’t be more wrong. He’s hot and young. And Emma is as confused as ever.


Aiden Sheffield would rather go to hell than Linx. Who does Emma think she is disrupting his carefully built life? The last thing the Marine needs is to slice open the sealed wounds of his painful past. Yet, as he gets to know the lovely Emma, a woman who manages to smile even though she’s lost everything, he changes his mind. He will not let her go to hell alone.
But neither is prepared for the devastating evil waiting for them at the end of the road. It might just destroy them.


This book was almost too saccharine for me. Too sweet, too much. It was intense at points, but mainly it was just too sweet for me. The drama was super dramatic and came one thing after another. It was almost unbelievable how much happened. 

I liked it but I didn't love it.

Aiden’s smirk widens. “I’ll bite. What’s an Angler fish?”
“They are a rare species. They live very deep in the sea and have extremely long dorsal fins. They use that organ to attract prey.”
“Well, I definitely have a long organ and it attracts a good deal of prey.”
I elbow him. “I’m serious.”
“Your knowledge of creatures is astounding.”
“I did watch a great deal of the Discovery Channel as a child.”
“Lucky for me, I get to benefit from your vast education.”
“Anyway the Angler is not a happy fish”
“No?”
“No, it’s mate-less, doomed to live a life alone weaving back and forth in the darkness of the sea.” I zigzag my hand to mimic the motion. 
“Interesting.”
“Isn’t it?”
He leans towards me, the scent of his spicy cologne circling me. “What are you doing, Cooper?”
“Just making casual observations.”
“There’s nothing casual about it. You’re slut-shaming me and in a really weird way.”
I almost choke. “What? No I’m not.” I replay what I’ve said. “Shit, I am. I’m slut-shaming you. I’m sorry.”
MK Schiller is a hopeless romantic in a hopelessly pragmatic world. In the dark of night, she sits by the warm glow of her computer monitor, reading or writing, usually with some tasty Italian…the food that is! She started imagining stories in her head at a very young age. In fact, she got so good at it that friends asked her to create plots featuring them as the heroine and the object of their affection as the hero. She hopes you enjoy her stories and find The Happily Ever After in every endeavor. M.K. Schiller loves hearing from readers. Find her on Facebook, follow her on Twitter @MKSchiller, and visit her website at mkschillerauthor.com.
HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment